If you’re like most consumers you do not think too much about the components of a refrigerator until it breaks down, or it is time to buy a new model. To ensure you get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be extremely useful to understand how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Speedy Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to learn all you will want to understand concerning how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the right time to hire refrigerator repair.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t many houses that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard appliance for a lot of years now. A residential refrigerator stores food at the optimal temperature, to stop spoilage and slow down the growth of bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by moving the warmth from the inside of the unit to the exterior, using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Speedy Appliance Repair:
The compressor is a combination of a motor and pump, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
A compressor is an important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call a professional service if the compressor is not working.
The condenser is attached on the back exterior wall of the refrigerator and will help to emit the warmth built-up inside the refrigerator then out into the air.
The evaporator is housed on the inside of a refrigerator where it absorbs the warmth contained inside of it, thereby reducing the interior temperature.
Once an evaporator isn’t working, it is time to find a professional. Don’t wait until it’s too late.
Liquid refrigerant is transported through a capillary tube that works as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, thereby transforming it back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat exists to regulate the temperature throughout the refrigerator, beginning a new cooling period as appropriate.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to issues. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in CITY for service right after an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature within a refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors notify the compressor to start, and then the cooling cycle starts. The appliance draws in the cool liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The compressor guides the hot gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils located on the exterior of the refrigerator, at which point it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the home and returns back to a liquified state.
3. The cooled refrigerant continues its trip to the refrigerator evaporator, traveling through the coils within the refrigerator and top freezer compartment.
4. The refrigerant then absorbs the warm air from the interior of the refrigerator, thereby lowering the temperature down to the desired set point.
5. The liquid evaporates, and will return back into a gas state, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor so it can continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is used in many applications and appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting warmth from a single location and transferring it to elsewhere the cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling your home, provides a perfect space for perishable food, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule an appointment with Speedy Appliance Repair.
Speedy Appliance Repair will repair most common brands of refrigerators – includes restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced technicians in CITY complete training to troubleshoot and repair issues with cooling, ice makers, condensation problems, puddles of water and leaks, bulbs, digital controls, smart functionality and countless other malfunctions. We everything about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2023  Speedy Appliance Repair